John Schneider To Attend World Chicken Festival

John Schneider To Attend World Chicken Festival

JOHN SCHNEIDER TO ATTEND WORLD CHICKEN FESTIVAL

LONDON, KY, September 4, 2009 - The American Red Cross-Southeastern Kentucky Chapter is pleased to announce that beloved actor, director, writer, and philanthropist John Schneider will be appearing at this year's World Chicken Festival, on September 25-26, 2009, in London, Kentucky.

Executive Director Chris Lewis said that Schneider, who millions of fans still identify with the iconic character "Bo Duke" from The Dukes of Hazzard television series, is attending the festival in order to help raise funds for the chapter. The Southeastern Kentucky Chapter provides disaster relief, emergency communication for Active Duty Personnel and their families, and health and safety training to the community. The Chapter's jurisdiction includes Laurel, Bell, Clay, Knox and Whitley Counties.

"We are absolutely thrilled that John is coming," Lewis said. "Not only will his appearance afford hundreds of thousands of his fans the opportunity to meet him, it will help this chapter raise the funds that it so desperately needs in order to continue to serve our communities."

Schneider's appearance will raise money for the Red Cross through public autograph signing and photograph opportunity sessions, in which fans may obtain autographs from and have photographs taken with the star in exchange for making minimum donations and/or merchandise purchases.

"I'm proud and honored to be partnering with the Kentucky chapter of the Red Cross. This is where the Red Cross is needed, and this is where I'm going to help! Wherever there's a need, the Red Cross has always been there. I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend than to help them raise the needed funds to continue their valiant efforts," said Schneider.

Schneider is also granting the Red Cross exclusive rights to premiere his latest feature film, "Collier & Co." at the World Chicken Festival. Schneider starred and directed the film, which will also be screened in select cities starting this Fall. The premieres, where John will be present for in-depth Q & A session, will be held at the Regency Cinema 8 in London, Kentucky and Tri-County Cineplex in Corbin, Kentucky.

For more information about Schneider's appearance at the World Chicken Festival or to purchase tickets for the autograph signings, photograph opportunity sessions, or benefit screenings, please contact the Southeastern Kentucky Chapter on the web at southeasternkyredcross.org or call (606) 878-6333.

About the American Red Cross:
      The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and counsels victims of disasters; provides nearly half of the nation's blood supply; teaches lifesaving skills; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a charitable organization - not a government agency - and depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its humanitarian mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or join our blog at redcrosschat.org.
      I had a lengthy conversation with Chris Lewis today. Here is the current information. Some things have changed so please read.

Tickets -

Autographs - Tickets are currently $20 each however this may change. You may buy as many autograph tickets as you want. Each ticket is good for one item. You may take a picture of John signing your item however he will not be posing for pictures at this time. $0.91 of each $1.00 from the sale of these tickets goes to the local Red Cross.

During the autograph sessions John will have merchandise for sale at a table near him. Look for me as I am working at that table.

Photograph Opportunity - John will pose with you in front of a couple of General Lees. Your photo will be taken (not with your camera) and developed immediately. John will autograph this 8X10 photo for you. These will be limited because of time and tickets are $50.

Autograph and Photograph Opportunity tickets go on sale on Tuesday, Sept. 22, at the Red Cross Center in London, Kentucky. You may call the Red Cross Center beginning Tuesday at 606-878-6333.

"Collier & Co. - Hot Pursuit" movie screenings - There are 4 screenings planned. Two of them are on Friday, September 25, at 9 PM and 11 PM at the Regency Cinema 8 in London, Kentucky. The other two are on Saturday, September 26, at 9 PM and 11 PM at the Tri-County Cineplex in Corbin, Kentucky. John will have a question and answer session for each screening. (Tom MIGHT attend these sessions...not sure yet.) There are two different options for movie screening tickets.

The basic ticket admits you to the screening, the Q & A session, and you receive a poster of the movie. The basic ticket costs $20.

The VIP ticket is limited. There will only be 50 per screening. The VIP ticket admits you to the screening, the Q & A session, you receive the poster of the movie, and you have reserved, premium seats for the screening, and a photo with John at the screening. The VIP ticket costs $40.

The movie screening tickets go on sale on Friday, Sept. 18, at the Red Cross Center in London, Kentucky (call 606-878-6333) and at the two theaters.

Here is John's PROPOSED schedule:

Friday, Sept. 25

11AM - 2PM Autograph signing session
      2PM - 3PM Break
      3PM - 4PM Photograph Opportunity
      4PM - 4:30PM Break
      4:30PM - 7:30PM Autograph signing session
      7:30PM - 8PM Break
      9PM Movie screening #1 with Q & A session in London
      11PM Movie screening #2 with Q & A session in London

Saturday, Sept. 26

10AM - 11AM Parade
      11AM - Noon Break
      12PM - 3PM Autograph signing session
      3PM - 4PM Break
      4PM - 5PM Autograph signing session
      5PM - 5:30PM Break
      5:30PM - 8:30PM Autograph signing session
      8:30PM - 9PM Break
      9PM Movie screening #1 with Q & A session in Corbin
      11PM Movie screening #2 with Q & A session in Corbin

If you are bringing a Hazzard vehicle please PM me and I will get you in touch with the person who is registering the vehicles.

If you have any other questions please contact me and I will try to get the answers for you. I'll keep you updated as I receive new information.

Thanks everyone. Come to London, Kentucky, and have fun Friday, Sept. 25 and Saturday, Sept. 26.

Phyllis