California location 2010 Dukes photos

California location 2010 Dukes photos

Hi,
      As some of you know, I just returned from 3 weeks in the Southwest. Mostly San Francisco, a beautiful snowy Grand Canyon. And L.A., I was there mostly to find Dukes locations, here they are.

Left pic = Dukes screenshot -- Right pic = my 2010 pic
      Ep. 2-09 "Witness for the persecution", you may also recognize this tunnel from Spielberg's "Duel".

Well-known stretch of road, W. Potrero Road, in Hidden Valley just to the west of Lake Sherwood:

Same road, opposite direction:

Same road, beyond the curve, direction Lake Sherwood:

Just a little bit south-east of Lake Sherwood, at the fork of hwy 23 and E. Carlisle Rd:
      Southbound:

Northbound:

Another famous intersection that was used several times: The next pics were taken a few hunderd yards north, at hwy 23 (S. Westlake Blvd) and E. Potrero Rd:

Piru, CA. "Luke's Love Story" & "Officer Daisy Duke"

A few miles north, Lake Piru. I believe this was used a few times, but at least once, clearly, in 5-10 "The Great Insurance Fraud" (A car careens off into the lake, and Coy thinks he is responsible)

A bit to the east of Piru, along hwy 126 (Henry Mayo Dr), almost at I-5, you can see the "Styx River jump site". The area is fenced off, but you can clearly see the famous twin rock formation from the main road:

To the east again, Saugus (near Santa Clarita), the Saugus Speedway. As seen in "'Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough", "Carnival of Thrills" and "Hazzard Connection". Normally closed, but on the mornings of Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday there is a swap meet, then the track is open. You might wanna check their website to confirm if those dates are still the same, if you wanto to get in there too. I was there on a Saturday, the swap meet was at the parking lot next to the track. The track was empty... and open :mrgreen:

It was very quiet (advantage of winter season), I was all alone at the track, I took the Grand Marquis for a slow lap around the track, man that was awesome. Even at sightseeing pace, I felt like the Dukes testing out Cale Yarborough's Charger, haha :mrgreen:

The "Grannie Annie" train jump, at Perkins Road (and Magellan Way) in Oxnard, CA.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „wekke“ ()

part2:

Some stars on the Walk of Fame:
      Bandit, and "movie-Boss" (6838 Hollywood Blvd.)

Uncle Jesse. Denver Pyle's star is on Hollywood Blvd, north side, between Sycamore and El Cerrito.

Boss Hogg. Sorrell Booke rests in piece at Hillside Memorial Park, 6001 W. Centinela Ave., Culver City - Los Angeles, CA 90045

Someone left him two donuts. (it was not me)

It's a big cemetary, you can find Sorrell's grave in the "Court of Dedication", left at the entrance on W. Centinela Ave.
      That particular area is not that big, the picture below will help you find the exact spot.

En then there was the VIP tour at Warner Bros.
      They were shooting near Midwest Street. In my case, that was good and bad news: The good news was that we got to walk the square on foot, more time than on the tram :) . The bad news, no photos due to the film shooting.

I do have these pics:

That back of the Court House is a shop street, used in several Dukes episodes.

If you want to see more, please see the pics I posted of my trip in 2007:
      cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14391
      The gazebo wasn't there now, they needed a fountain in it's place for something... AT the moment it's an empty space.
      And I peeked in the back windows through the Court House, it's a big empty space inside, I could look straight through to the front. I also looked in the window of "Boss Hogg's bank", it's a bit of a junk romm inside, haha. Apparently these spaces are changed all the time, to fit their needs.

Warner's car museum:
      The Matrix

General with flag sprayed over in transparent orange... :roll: The tour girl said she didn't know why they did that, but did tell me that they had gotten several comments already, as to why there was no flag :mrgreen: A few more comments and we might yet see that flag reappear, someday :wink: .

Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino

Uncle Jesse and Boss Hogg... Sadly, I never met them when they were alive. But now, having visited Denver's star and Sorrell's grave, at least I had a chance to say hi to them :)
      I was in Los Angeles for 3,5 days, but I searched for all the places in advance.

I just finished editing some video fragments I made, at Saugus Speedway.
      It's at very slow speed, for sightseeing and video clarity. I wanted a fast race lap but then the video would be all fuzzy, haha
      youtube.com/watch?v=7ebYZfCXN0E

It is from a digital photo-camera, so it's not very good quality, but better then nothing.

I also have a video on Placerita Canyon Rd, I think it was used as well, but not sure...
      youtube.com/watch?v=QJVGmGOhTGo

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von „wekke“ ()

You are right - that Placerita Canyon Rd sure does look familiar.
      Doing a SLOW lap around a SPEEDway.... I don't think that you're supposed to go slow there :D - but I can understand why you had to ;)

If you only spend 3.5 days there - you really must have done a lot of research before your trip. You did get to see a lot in such a relatively short time.

So - when are you planning the next trip??? :D
      You ain't got the sense the good Lord promised a turkey!