Ask Mom

Thanks to a wonderful friend, I got in touch with John Schneider's mother. I bought some of the prizes for last year's Dukes quiz at the fan weekend from her.
      Now she has offered to answer some questions about John that we might have.
      So if there's something that you've always wanted to ask John's mother or if somebody wants to know anything about Johns acting or singing career, post your question here or send me a PM.
      I'll mail the questions every few weeks and then post the answers here.
      As we all respect his privacy, no questions on his private and family life will be answered.

Beans
      You ain't got the sense the good Lord promised a turkey!

first set of questions and answers

Here are the first few questions I sent and the answers that I got today.

Q: In older interviews or articles you often hear or read of John participating in car races. Did he do that often and did he win?
      A: Car races? Every chance he got! In his Dukes days he had a shop called "Celebrity Machines" that only serviced high power cars. He had 14 of his own. John and friends would race cross country, tracks, anywhere. He still likes to race and not gotten Dukes would probably been a race car driver. He learned from the best...the stuntmen on Dukes and is said he is just as good but he does not go up in the air. He also attended the Bondurian school of high performance driving.... did he win the races, I don't know.

Q: What was the first car that John drove - and did the role of Bo Duke change John Schneider's way of driving?
      A: I forget the year but it was a yellow Capri. Actually being Bo Duke didn't change his driving habits that much. He is fast but careful.

Q: How much of John Schneider was in Bo Duke - and is there still some Bo Duke in John Schneider?
      A: Definitely there is some of Bo in John..... his personality, love of cars, respect for the family and for people that don't treat him well asl Rosco and Boss......

Q: If John wouldn't have become an actor, what kind of job would he have chosen?
      A: Race car driver, but I doubt he would ever be anything but an actor...wanted to since he was 8 years old and never vacillated.

Q: When John went to audition for the role of Bo Duke, did you know that he went and that he was going to pretend to be older than he actually was?
      A: Yes, I did - to both questions. Happened just like he says, borrowed a neighbors truck, donned a pair of overalls and carried a six pack of beer.

Q: Did you ever visit the set of "Dukes of Hazzard" during the filming? Nowadays, we often read that the actors did a lot of ad libbing - how did the different directors deal with it?
      A: Many, many times - but don't remember ad libbing. If they did, they did it well.

Q: A question to the movie "Stagecoach" - did John actually drive that stage himself in some scenes or were that always doubles?
      A: John drove the stage.....he is also good on horses.

Q: How did John like working with Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson in that movie? Had he met any of those four men before, due to his singing career?
      A: He probably did. He and John Cash became good friends and John lived with Johnny in Nashville for about two years when he was recording and doing concerts.

She said that there will be "some cute stories that go with some of these questions" and that she will send them a little later.
      So - to quote an often used expression from TV - STAY TUNED

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „beans cnh320“ ()

Good news, good news: after not feeling well for the last few weeks, John's mother is now feeling better and would like to continue answering our questions regarding John's singing and acting career.
      So if there is something that you've always wanted to know about that, post your question here or send me a PM (PN).