John wins Best Actor Award

John wins Best Actor Award

Hi everybody,

I want to pass on the exciting news I received from Michael Barnard. He informed me that John Schneider won the best actor award for his performance in "Gods of Circumstance" at the British Film Festival held recently in Los Angeles. Way to go, John!

Phyllis

JOHN SCHNEIDER WINS
      BEST ACTOR AWARD

Actor compared to John Wayne, Henry Fonda, James Stewart

Los Angeles, Friday, May 8, 2009

Actor John Schneider (TV’s Dukes of Hazzard, Smallville, The Secret Life of the American Teenager; Cable’s NIP/TUCK, Lake Placid II; Movies COLLIER & CO. – HOT PURSUIT!, Sydney White, Exit to Eden; Broadway’s Grand Hotel, Chicago) won the BEST ACTOR award for his starring role in the motion picture THE GODS OF CIRCUMSTANCE.

The award was presented Friday, May 8, 2009 at the conclusion of the British Film Festival in Los Angeles, where the film premiered.

Circumstance’s Director Justin Golding compared Schneider to John Wayne, Henry Fonda, and James Stewart. “They’re not superheroes. They’re you and me,” said Golding. “And John has that. You put him in denims and a jacket and workman’s boots and you believe he can go build a house.”

According to Martin A. Grove in The Hollywood Reporter, “The role fits Schneider like a glove.”

The film garnered additional honors, as Cate Cohen won for Best Actress and Brian Krause won for Best Supporting Actor at the ceremony at the Custom Hotel in Los Angeles.

“The Gods of Circumstance” had its world premiere May 3 as the opening film for the British Film Festival in Los Angeles. The film was written by Michael Thacker.

---

Michael R. Barnard

Contact by E-mail

Fax: (815) 301-6741